Any current vacancies for fixed term or permanent posts are listed here.
Midday Assistants (Play Leaders)
APTC Scale 3
Actual Salary: £5,130 + SEN Allowance £300pa.
Permanent Contract – Monday to Friday, 2 hours per day, 11.30am to 1.30pm for 39 weeks per year (term time)
(Required as soon as possible at our main school site or 16-19 site at The Avelon)
We are a special school with 155 students over two sites with complex needs including Autism, communication and interaction difficulties, physical disabilities and sensory impairment. We are seeking to appoint part time Midday Supervisors (Play Leaders) to support our students while eating their lunches and in their lunchtime play. We believe lunchtime supervisors have a very important role within our school and the contribution they make to the management of the school, the care and welfare of the children, and the continuation of learning into lunch and break times is valued very highly. We know that if our children and young people are happy and well cared for at lunch time, they will start the afternoons refreshed and ready to learn.
We have various playgrounds and play areas and a range of equipment that can be put to good use to engage children and young people in positive activities. We just need enthusiastic and creative people to motivate, support and interact with our very special children and young people in ways that will make a positive contribution to their opportunities at lunchtimes.
A Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting and supporting the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime;
- Supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat including encouraging the correct use of knife and fork and table etiquette and behaviour;
- Promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- Managing student behaviour;
- Planning, encouraging and actively supporting positive play activities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively with pupils and staff.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent self-initiated problem solving skills
- Positive, motivated, pro-active and fun!
Please see full job description. You can submit applications via the Havering jobs website:
Relief Teaching Assistants (Zero Hour Contract)
This is an open advert. Please apply anytime using the Application Form link below. We are looking to appoint Relief Teaching Assistants to cover staff absence.
This role offers a flexible contract with hours to suit around your existing commitments.
£11.59 per hour
Please complete the Application Form below
Work Experience This is an open advert. Please apply anytime using the Application Form link below. We will be in touch if we can accommodate your request.
Corbets Tey School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
All Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education guidance:
‘Keeping Children Safe in Education – September 2020′
All potential volunteers and employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability. Posts/placements at this school are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; any successful applicants will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. This school aims to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.